Just a blog from a gay man. My View. I hope you will enjoy

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ellen Degeneres & Ann Heche Celebrity Gay Couple


Ellen Degeneres & Ann Heche Celebrity Gay Couple



In 1997 Ellen Degeneres and Ann Heche became the worlds most famous openly gay couple. The title was previously held my Julie Cypher & Mellisa Etheridge.



At the time "ellen" was coming out I myself was coming out. "Ellen Degenres" was out to her friends and family but to the world she wasn't. Her character on TV "ellen morgan" was not out. That character at 35 was finding her way in the world. Now I wasn't a fan of ther tv show "ellen" however when I herd the Summer of 1996 that "ellen" was coming out I was excited.



I myself was 1/2 step out of the closet. I started to follow "Ellen Morgan" leads and copied her hints she was dropping on the show.



Well "Ellen Dengeres" came put publicly in 1997. When she came out she had a girlfriend by her side as well. That lady was Anne Heche.



Now lots of nasty things have bees said about Anne. I just want to go on the record and say "Ann was a brave soul". She was on Oprah Winfrey with Ellen and said "Be Proud of the relationship your in", "This is Love, we should celebrate love".



From that moment on "Ellen and Ann" became the hottest couple in the USA. It was the first celebrity gay couple. In the year 2000 Anne & Ellen broke up. That was sad. Even today there break up" has left a void. There is not celebrity gay couple. We need one. I thought "Ellen and Anne" were great role models.



When I met them in 1999 I thought Anne was very kind. I am still a fan of hers and to me she was a role model that other stars should copy. She was polite to fans. Took pictures with them and signed autographs. She should teach a class to stars on how to deal with the public.



No comments: