Just a blog from a gay man. My View. I hope you will enjoy

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DIRK SHAFER CIRCUIT A REVIEW


A gay theme movie that is well worth watching? Is it true? Well in a word, "Yes". Now "Circuit" is a good movie, not great but good.



The DVD that I saw is the directors cut which runs longer then the unrated edition. I have never watched the R RATED version so I can not review that.



Now what I loved about this movie is that it knows who its audience is. The audience for this movie is going to be primarily gay men.



The movie was written and directed by the openly gay Dirk Shafer. He is very familiar of the gay circuit parties and he fills the screen with great man candy. He knows what his audience wants in a movie and he goes for it.



The storyline is interesting. A gay cop in a small town movies to West Hollywood after his co-workers find out he is gay. He soon get caught up in the Circuit Parties and his life seems to go spiraling out of control.



This movie made want to see "Man of the Year" again. That was the directors first movie which is very funny.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually liked Circuit and don't think it deserved all the bad reviews. It was nice to see so many familiar faces, such as Paul Lekakis or Jim J. Bullock.
I havejust reviewed the film for my online magazine: http://gayfilmmagazine.com/?p=2347