Just a blog from a gay man. My View. I hope you will enjoy

Monday, March 24, 2008

When is someone really gay?

When is someone really gay?

When do we label someone gay? If a lady has had a girlfriend she is of course gay. Now if the same lady met a guy and for some reason she marries him does that mean she is still gay? Is she bisexual? What happens if a man is in prison for life and the only people he can have sex is with other men. He has never had sex with other men before prison. Now society might considered him gay but the prisoner doesn't think of himself as gay at all!

If one one man in a gay relationship is the "Top" does this mean that the "bottom" guy is less manly? What if the bottom guy is a plumber, construction worker, policeman? Just because he is the bottom that doesn't make him less of a man.

If a man marries a woman but one day stops having sex with her after 10 years of marriage and now for some odd reason he finds himself attractive to a man. Not all men just one man. Now is this married man now considered to be gay now?

These are not crazy questions. In fact millions of people fall under these scenarios.
I for one say I am gay. I always wanted to be with men. I have had sex with women. I didn't enjoy the sex with women. So to me just because my first sexual partners were women this doesn't make me bisexual. The only thing I can say for sure is that I am a failed heterosexual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well this is a question I deal with everyday. I have been married for almost 20 years. WE have 2 children ages 17 & 15. I never thought of myself as gay, bi or bi-courious. I only had sex with women before I got married to my wife. To this day I still enjoy having sex with my wife (which is about 2x a week). However about 3 years ago I started having sex with a male co-worker. HE is smart and quick. He is gay. I enjoy ther sex with him. I do not think I am bisexual because if we stop having sex I don't think I would seek out another man for romance. What is strange is that it bothers me is that he doesn't want a committed relationship with me. Life is strange