Just a blog from a gay man. My View. I hope you will enjoy

Friday, March 28, 2008

How old were you when you came out?

Knowing your gay is one thing. Admitting your gay is another. To tell anybody your gay is a milestone. To "come out" to your family is yet another milestone.



I was 12 when I had an idea that I was gay. By the time I was 16 I knew! I did nothing about it. By the time I was 20 I had a drinking problem. By the time I hit 30 I had one DWI and almost got another.



I started to come out in 1996. I was 29 years old. I went through hell before I came out. When I was 30 I came out on "Mother's day".



My sister came out 2 years later.



Now my life beacame more manageable when I came out. My life had a since of control once I quit drinking. When I loved the person who I really am I became a human and not a shell of a person.

If your reading this and your struggling with coming out trust me it does get better.

No comments: