Just a blog from a gay man. My View. I hope you will enjoy

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Patti Lupone & Glenn Close together at the Tony Awards



Last Sunday was Patti Lupone's night at the Tony Awards She won for "Gypsy". What I would of liked to of been back stage too see if she ran into Glenn Close. It was Glenn Close who replaced Patti Lupone in Sunset Blvd. Patti never made it Broadway with the play. However she did originate the role in London. Her singing is still 10x better then anybody else on Broadway. I just wonder if Patti ran into Glenn? I don't think it was Glenn fault that Patti got fired. However it still would of been interesting. I need to inform you hat while Glenn was doing the show she was treated like shit by the producers. Her name sold tickets. Betty Buckley also sold tickets but once no A-List female could be found to replace Betty the show quickly closed.

Seems to be karma to me. Andrew Lloyd Webber hasn't had a long running original production since "Sunset". Seems the bastard finally got some well deserved payback!

No comments: