Just a blog from a gay man. My View. I hope you will enjoy

Saturday, June 28, 2008

How do I know that I am gay? How do you know your gay?


I had a co-worker ask me this. She is married. She has been married for 20 years. She is very happy. I feel for her. She said lately that all she wants to do is "have sex with women".



I said that "Sounds gay to me". She has had sex with women before however now that's all she wants. She went on further to say that she "Never wants her husband to ever touch her". To make a joke of this conversation I said "That's most married women".



To help her I said you should explore her feelings but LEAVE her husband. If the marriage is bad anyway (plus they have no children) there is no sense in staying in a marriage that no longer seems to be working.




Now for my own story I knew that I was gay at 12. It wasn't until I was almost 30 until I acted on it. Coming out was a very long journey. Sometimes I feel like I am still on this journey but I have been honest about to myself and my family for 11 years now. (Yes do the math I am 41).


If your not sure about being gay that is Normal if you not sure. However if you are gay its not the end of anything. Relationships you have change but in the long run your much better off and all of your relationships with friends and family are on a new level.

No comments: